We initially ran this post last December and it was our most popular blog ever. Seems worth a rerun as we’re back in crowdfunding season (requisite #BeABacker reminder).
Ginger Rose as seen in Pin Up! The Movie
1. It’s all about the red, red lips and the cat eye. Flawless makeup daily? Pish! These two small details are worth their weight in gold – putting a laser focus on two fab femme assets.
Kat Stroud by House of Winter
2. You don’t have to be a six foot tall model to be beautiful. Pin up tosses off fashion industry standards. Sure, long and lean works, but so does short and curvy. And everything in between.
Sydney Ralston by Mitzi and Co. Photography
3. There is a time and place for sweats and Uggs. Yeah, comfort is good, but there’s a type of confidence you can get from sartorial polish.
4. “I can do anything in heels and you’re going to watch me.” Think of the old adage about Ginger Rogers – she did everything Fred Astaire did but in high heels and backwards. Now that’s power.
Pinup Little Bit by Mitzi and Co. Photography
5. Sisters are doing for themselves… And each other. Sorry, guys. All this fabulousness isn’t about trying to get your attention. Pin ups know it’s women who appreciate that perfect Cupid’s bow and straight as an arrow seemed stockings.
Bang Bang Von Loola in a vintage 1930s gown and brooch by Sheila Broderick Photography
6. Recycling is oh-so-fashionable. Vintage shops and thrift store finds: the ultimate in going green. Plus, the older clothes just last better than modern frocks.
Alfie Jean by Steven Jon Horner Photography
7. It’s not about some sort of aesthetic ideal: confidence is what’s sexy. Strength. Self-assuredness. Girl power. Yeah, it’s a cliché, but pin ups know true beauty comes from within.