The academic calendar is rolling around again, with the start of a new year about to begin.
The more things change….
- I have tenure at my university, which means that I have the “freedom” to say or do what I want (and research what I want). Within limits. I still do want to become a full professor after all.
- Our project i-doc producer Noah Springer graduated in May. He’ll be continuing on the project, but not on a full time basis.
- Our second i-doc producer Gayle Brisbane, is a new Ph.D. student at the University of Colorado (where I’m located) and begins this month. She knows video production. I’m expecting great things from her.
- A fundraiser (Linh from Pinups4Charity) is offering to help raise money via the grants world, and give us fiscal sponsorship.
- Social media outlets are growing at a slow but steady pace.
The more they stay the same…
- The i-doc is slowly progressing, but needs funds (read crowdfunding/grants) to really break through and complete production.
- Still no word from film festivals. Ah, the curse of early submissions.
- I’m gearing up for a crowdfunding campaign. Didn’t I just do this?
- People want to see the film.
- And I want to see it released.
To every thing… there is a season. Patience, grasshopper, patience.